Secret wars 9 very dissapointing!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Secret wars 9 very dissapointing!

Post by galactus1967 on Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:31 pm

I am embaressed for marvel comics right now,my 12 year old nefew could have wrote a better story.
galactus1967
Head Judge
Head Judge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secret wars 9 very dissapointing!

Post by Beyonder on Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:07 pm

I know how you feel like man.....its more horrible than the Marvels The End series.
Beyonder
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jabosha on Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:18 pm

From what little I've seen, since joining, it looks like it.
I used to collect all types of comics. Marvel, DC, Valiant, Archie etc.

You guys might want to check out the newer Valiant universe or the older Valiant which started under Jim Shooter and others. It was great stuff that was grounded. They didn't shit all over the continuity all the time like the big two.
Jabosha
Settled Member
Settled Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyonder on Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:23 pm

Jim Shooter was the best at hiss job.

Secret wars?! One of the best sold comic book events?! The man did it all and marvel just screw him and jack kirby over.....

Secret Wars/Beyonder was Jim Shooter work and he asked for them to leave them alone.......

The Beyonders?! That was Mark Gruenworlds creation and they screw his ONLY legacy over by "Killing" them.

Seriously marvel needs to stop.....

Beyonder
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jabosha on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:13 am

Beyonder, if you can, check out the 1980s Valiant comics that were started by Shooter. Later on though Valiant fucked him over, then iirc they then screwed Barry Windsor Smith. Don't quote me on Windsor Smith though. It was over 22 years ago.

Who in the continuity could kill the beyonders?
Jabosha
Settled Member
Settled Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyonder on Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:37 pm

@Jabosha wrote:Beyonder, if you can, check out the 1980s Valiant comics that were started by Shooter. Later on though Valiant fucked him over, then iirc they then screwed Barry Windsor Smith. Don't quote me on Windsor Smith though. It was over 22 years ago.

Who in the continuity could kill the beyonders?
I can try to find the Valiant Comics online or on Google+ (Probably) and thats the point the Beyonders shouldn't be able to die they have shown to be above all even the living tribunal was a bug to them.
Beyonder
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jabosha on Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:47 am

Any Valiant success yet Beyonder?

Seriously, they were very different in that, powers reacted more realistic. Electrical powers would jump to the nearest conductor, which meant the user had to be careful. Zephyr who could fly, if she flew too fast, her face would peel back. Sting would leave a buzzing in your head if he used his telepathic powers, if he pushed too hard, he'd have the same buzzing with nosebleeds.

They also did their utmost not to shit on their continuity, unlike Marvel and DC. Which brings up another problem. Marvel creators love to job out famous established characters in favor of their newer creations, regardless of alliegance. A whole new thread could be written about this if the board had more participants.

The board growing is just going to take time.
Jabosha
Settled Member
Settled Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyonder on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:03 am

@Jabosha wrote:Any Valiant success yet Beyonder?

Seriously, they were very different in that, powers reacted more realistic. Electrical powers would jump to the nearest conductor, which meant the user had to be careful. Zephyr who could fly, if she flew too fast, her face would peel back. Sting would leave a buzzing in your head if he used his telepathic powers, if he pushed too hard, he'd have the same buzzing with nosebleeds.

They also did their utmost not to shit on their continuity, unlike Marvel and DC. Which brings up another problem. Marvel creators love to job out famous established characters in favor of their newer creations, regardless of alliegance. A whole new thread could be written about this if the board had more participants.

The board growing is just going to take time.
Ima request it from the site i know lol.
Beyonder
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top