I have missed a lot how is the marvel reboot going OK?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I have missed a lot how is the marvel reboot going OK?

Post by galactus1967 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:03 pm

Can`t remember when I have been so behind,you guy`s please help me out.I have been on the shelf for a while!
galactus1967
Head Judge
Head Judge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I have missed a lot how is the marvel reboot going OK?

Post by Beyonder on Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:10 pm

You havent missed much but its stated that the new universe is basically Earth-616 still.
Beyonder
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by galactus1967 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:04 pm

What is the status of big G ?Is he still a cronny to Frank Richards,He is the third force in the universe.Yet he can bearly beat Odin(I now my spelling sucks).Let`s bring Galactus to a kick ass status he is way over every fricken sky father level.If not tell me why?
galactus1967
Head Judge
Head Judge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyonder on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:14 am

He is no longer bound to franklin richards and he is still going planet to planet but the new avengers are his current enemy.
Beyonder
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jabosha on Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:45 am

Let me guess, people that can lift the Baxter Building, still finding ways to defeat sentience, able to destroy/create/balance universal and higher levels?
Jabosha
Settled Member
Settled Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyonder on Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:10 pm

They just announced galactus is a giver of life....not death and its just wow....
Beyonder
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jabosha on Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:11 am

Looked into that a bit and it looks to be stupid.
Galactus was never about death itself. He was just a being that survived the last universe and merge with all remnants of life within that universe.
Galactus appears different to all races.

Don't you think it strange that humans in these stories go through these cosmic changes and always, for some inexplicable reason, they almost always keep what makes them human?

Jabosha
Settled Member
Settled Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyonder on Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:25 pm

@Jabosha wrote:Looked into that a bit and it looks to be stupid.
Galactus was never about death itself. He was just a being that survived the last universe and merge with all remnants of life within that universe.
Galactus appears different to all races.

Don't you think it strange that humans in these stories go through these cosmic changes and always, for some inexplicable reason, they almost always keep what makes them human?

Like she-hulk being one of The Living Tribunal's faces??? Seriously i would rather be a cosmic than a human.
Beyonder
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jabosha on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:08 am

In short, I'm saying, humans have no business in cosmic affairs to the extent marvel puts them in.
Jabosha
Settled Member
Settled Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyonder on Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:41 pm

@Jabosha wrote:In short, I'm saying, humans have no business in cosmic affairs to the extent marvel puts them in.  
I can get the fact if its to save earth or the universe but making galactus stop what he was meant to be is going to far......thats like me making Infinity the embodiment of the universe and Eternity the embodiment of time you just cant reverse such roles.
Beyonder
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jabosha on Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:26 am

Humans wouldn't have the power to save anything is the point. Sure they'd try but be unsuccessful. Check out the Voldi incident in the old 616 universe.

It's quite obvious you're as narcissistic as marvel but in a non understanding way. Which is a lot better than Marvel.
Jabosha
Settled Member
Settled Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyonder on Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:37 pm

Wait im Narcissistic or were you calling Marvel Narcissistic.
Beyonder
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jabosha on Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:15 pm

When I called you narcissistic, I didn't mean in a bad way. Every human is narcissistic, myself included.

Since you haven't refuted or debated my point about narcissism in cosmic comic writing, I'm assuming you don't really understand my point even though I've given many examples. You're at least asking what I mean and that's the good part. I'm also not saying your wrong or I'm right.

When you write cosmic stories and entities having purposes, I'm of the opinion, human emotions and reactions cannot be part of the makeup of said entity. The problem with cosmic writing is the attempt of the writers to humanise everything. Look at the celestials, they're human looking. Head, hands, legs etc. Why, can't they just be gigantic blobs of brilliant light? Why does the beyonder have to mimic humans appearance, even though he's the one who's omnipotent? It doesn't make sense. Do you see what I mean? The other thing is, almost always, these beings are so arrogant to point, that we might defeat them.

The biggest offense is lower level humanoid beings defeating entities that are purposely built to hold the universe all the way to the omniverse together. Ridiculous pandering.

Franklin Richards is higher than celestial level all because of his parents got bombarded by some cosmic rays? It doesn't add up. The celestials took billions of years to get where they are cosmically, So did Galactus, the Proemial gods, Elders of the Universe, etc.....

The last one that angered me was the killing of the celestial gardner and Exitar being defeated and fucking Kang stealing Exitars power. It's all horseshit because the writers, A.) don't understand cosmic subject matter B.) understand but don't give a shit. C.) Cannot think long enough outside of being a human being.

In other words to write a horse, you've got think like one all the time. The same goes for any nigh omnipotent cosmic.

I hope this helps you see my opinion.

Jabosha
Settled Member
Settled Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyonder on Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:23 pm

I see your point lol but i got confused on the narcissistic part but overall yes every cosmic we know either build up or was just up to that level.

The living tribunal was created with everything he had he never had a build up.

The Beyonders were just fable by marvel til 2015 they were build up only in a fraction of a few pages.

Marquis of Death transcended himself into nigh-omnipotence because of his "Human" traits of desire.

The celestials have been BSed multiple times even when they were shown to be extremely powerful af but can be downplayed for plot purposes because to marvel cosmic stories are "Boring".
Beyonder
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jabosha on Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:26 pm

I'll tell you about The Voldi incident. My recollection is off but this is the basic gist. They were like Shi'ar. Somehow they angered the celestials. But they got a hold of celestial technology that cloaked them from the celestials.

They lived for a pretty long time. For whatever reason, I can't recall, the cloak dropped. Almost instantaneously, celestials showed up and annihilatied every single one of them. So, my question to you is, where were the oh so great Voldi heroes to stop the celestials? If that was earth 616, you can bet your bottom dollar, they'd have survived somehow, which is garbage.

When Galactus shows up to eat the earth, it should happen. It doesn't because of human narcissism in the writing. Every other planet that resisted, except maybe, Zen La was consumed. So marvel is telling us that of the maybe hundreds of millions of planets consumed by Galactus only the earth had what it took to survive? Horseshit. All this Victor Von Doom stealing Galactus power? Horseshit. The Beyonders getting killed?Horseshit. Reed Richards rebuilding the uni-omniverse? Droves and droves of horseshit.

Heck yeah, now we're having a discussion. Freaking awesome.
Jabosha
Settled Member
Settled Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jabosha on Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:50 pm

If I were to write 616 cosmic arcs, the most the heroes would get is updates from the silver surfer. But mostly, there'd be no humans fighting and they wouldn't be in the stories much at all. At least not on the front lines like the Infinity Gauntlet and the Thanos Imperative arc.
Jabosha
Settled Member
Settled Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyonder on Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:47 pm

@Jabosha wrote:I'll tell you about The Voldi incident. My recollection is off but this is the basic gist. They were like Shi'ar. Somehow they angered the celestials. But they got a hold of celestial technology that cloaked them from the celestials.

They lived for a pretty long time. For whatever reason, I can't recall, the cloak dropped. Almost instantaneously, celestials showed up and annihilated every single one of them. So, my question to you is, where were the oh so great Voldi heroes to stop the celestials? If that was earth 616, you can bet your bottom dollar, they'd have survived somehow, which is garbage.
I just wish Jack kirby would be alive to change such stories man he was the original character and marvel is just Bsing them every single event.
Cosmic Events?
Infinity Gauntlet?
What if Stories?
Secret Wars? (New and Old)
Infinity Beings?
Like come on now these entities WERE once building universes and now look at them....being beaten by earthlings and crap like come on marvel whatever happened to Scathan the approver? or One-Above-All (Celestial) or even the Creator the Fulcrum? they give low showings of the OPed celestials and its kinda dumb sometimes i wanna just booted to all Marvel Writers.

@Jabosha wrote:All this Victor Von Doom stealing Galactus power? Horseshit. The Beyonders getting killed?Horseshit. Reed Richards rebuilding the uni-omniverse? Droves and droves of horseshit.
Couldn't agree more! such bad writing for such a single human to have.
@Jabosha wrote:If I were to write 616 cosmic arcs, the most the heroes would get is updates from the silver surfer. But mostly, there'd be no humans fighting and they wouldn't be in the stories much at all. At least not on the front lines like the Infinity Gauntlet and the Thanos Imperative arc.
If i was to write any story i would right it in a way it demonstrates the cosmic beings displaying their power because they don't do it for Eternity,Infinity,Stranger, and The Living Tribunal all they do is show them being beaten which is lame i would like to see a TRUE cosmic battle where universes are destroyed and stuff not a human or a PIS character beating them for fun.
Beyonder
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jabosha on Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:12 am

I understand you wanting Kirby back. On top of that, I wish someone at Marvel would really look at what they're doing. They're so entrenched in making humans top dog, they can't see. But people love themselves so much that they eat up any story which plays to them being human.

So you and I are basically on the same page as far as cosmic stories.

As to your point of actually showing the cosmic battles, It would be difficult to truly display it in limited panels on paper. Remember, we are actually human and have no clue what a collapsing/exploding/warping boundry or energy that keeps realities separate from one another can/would look like.

How do you draw galaxies from other realities leaking or crashing into one another? How do you display the actual destructive force of battle, ripping through reality boundries? How do you actually draw the destructive force itself?

One of the biggest problems?, how do you show the actual scale of these battles? All this in what, 22 pages? I have never seen the scale done successfully, if it was, then more people would understand both our viewpoints on humans defeating cosmics.

On the scale thing. There's a game coming in june called No Man's Sky. PS4/PC. The game is going to actually be the size of a galaxy. There's a possible 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 planets in the game. That's Quintillion, yes with a Q, not a B or an M or an S, a Q.

It isn't the number that gives the scale, it's when you zoom out to the star map in the game, is when you get the sense of scale. Each star is visitable. They say it would take 587 billion real earth years to just visit each planet in game, No exploration. One of my first thoughts when seeing the star map, Galactus could have a field day in this galaxy in game alone. Then it hit me, that there are beings in comics that keep something that size and bigger together out of neccesity and they're purpose built for it. No effin way would radiated/mutated humans have any inkling of a say in that. I can't even begin to convey how insignificant we are in scale we would be.

All of that said, I do agree with you, they should give it a shot from the perspective of the cosmics doing battle. Not the human interpretation of the battle. In the Thanos Imperative, they "interpreted" the battle. While the Surfer gave updates.  

Go check out No Man's Sky on PS4/PC. As a matter of fact, anyone who views this post go check out the scale in game. See what you guys think. I'm not pushing the game, just the scale or size of a galaxy. All the while, cosmic entities can teleport to any point instantaneously on said star map, influence it, so that every living thing could or could not feel said influence and the map is only the size of a galaxy not a universe. Scary stuff.

Oh and I forgot, there's some cosmics that wouldn't have to teleport anywhere to influence the galaxy. They just could. Scary, interesting stuff indeed.
Jabosha
Settled Member
Settled Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyonder on Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:05 pm

@Jabosha wrote:I understand you wanting Kirby back. On top of that, I wish someone at Marvel would really look at what they're doing. They're so entrenched in making humans top dog, they can't see. But people love themselves so much that they eat up any story which plays to them being human.

So you and I are basically on the same page as far as cosmic stories.

As to your point of actually showing the cosmic battles, It would be difficult to truly display it in limited panels on paper. Remember, we are actually human and have no clue what a collapsing/exploding/warping boundry or energy that keeps realities separate from one another can/would look like.

How do you draw galaxies from other realities leaking or crashing into one another? How do you display the actual destructive force of battle, ripping through reality boundries? How do you actually draw the destructive force itself?

One of the biggest problems?, how do you show the actual scale of these battles? All this in what, 22 pages? I have never seen the scale done successfully, if it was, then more people would understand both our viewpoints on humans defeating cosmics.

On the scale thing. There's a game coming in june called No Man's Sky. PS4/PC. The game is going to actually be the size of a galaxy. There's a possible 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 planets in the game. That's Quintillion, yes with a Q, not a B or an M or an S, a Q.

It isn't the number that gives the scale, it's when you zoom out to the star map in the game, is when you get the sense of scale. Each star is visitable. They say it would take 587 billion real earth years to just visit each planet in game, No exploration. One of my first thoughts when seeing the star map, Galactus could have a field day in this galaxy in game alone. Then it hit me, that there are beings in comics that keep something that size and bigger together out of neccesity and they're purpose built for it. No effin way would radiated/mutated humans have any inkling of a say in that. I can't even begin to convey how insignificant we are in scale we would be.

All of that said, I do agree with you, they should give it a shot from the perspective of the cosmics doing battle. Not the human interpretation of the battle. In the Thanos Imperative, they "interpreted" the battle. While the Surfer gave updates.  

Go check out No Man's Sky on PS4/PC. As a matter of fact, anyone who views this post go check out the scale in game. See what you guys think. I'm not pushing the game, just the scale or size of a galaxy. All the while, cosmic entities can teleport to any point instantaneously on said star map, influence it, so that every living thing could or could not feel said influence and the map is only the size of a galaxy not a universe. Scary stuff.

Oh and I forgot, there's some cosmics that wouldn't have to teleport anywhere to influence the galaxy. They just could. Scary, interesting stuff indeed.
Before marvel was showing galaxies daily getting wiped out and even during Secret Wars Beyonder casually One-Shot galaxies.

Secret Wars 1:

Secret Wars 2:

So why cant marvel just show the true powers of a cosmic being??? so many times they had to in interviews/handbooks describe the powers such beings have like the The Brothers Yin and Yang being stated to have the energy to destory entire galaxies.

Even here......

They describe the celestials to be capable of splitting a universe into a multiverse with nothing BUT their will but yet the Infinity Gauntlet a Universe level power can beat such power??

To me all they need to do is focus on the cosmic beings more than the humans because for years they been involved with humans but never with cosmic forces on a daily basis.
Beyonder
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jabosha on Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:20 am

Remember, I've seen all the stuff you've posted. None of it constitutes the scale involved. Which, I did say was one of the biggest problems. I'm not impressed at all with any of it I've seen since 1978 or so. I'm impressed with the actual art, yes.

Beyonder go look at No Man's Sky's star map and tell me those pages give the same sense of scale.

I believe the real reason galaxies hardly get torn apart on a regular basis is because, battle tween uni-omniversal beings would certainly mean the milky way would be destroyed. And you know who lives there right? We can't have all humans dead.

From what I understand IG's are unique to their own universes, for whatever reason and I'm sure it's probably a stupid reason.

If you look at that panel, the celestials come together to split a universe, thus they became greater than a universal power by increasing their numbers. Nothing wrong with that imo.

The biggest kicker for me is that of course, the celestials with all their power and scient ability made stupid mistakes. But of course some humanoid, figured out a way to save everyone, that the celestials couldn't or didn't do.

Are these writers serious? The celestials, can split a uni into a multi but can't figure out whatever this person can and then carry it out? Beyonder, pay attention to this part. So they're calling the celestials greater than we ever could imagine and incompetant/stupid, all in the same bunch of panels. Think about that.

The fucking hubris in these cosmic stories is absolutely astonishing.
Jabosha
Settled Member
Settled Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jabosha on Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:50 am

What should have happened in the Wolverine panel? Imo, the celestials would realised their error and without human intervention and fixed it.

To be honest though, one could make the case, every once in a while, humanoids come up with an idea to fix a problem and the cosmics add to the missing variables within the plan and carry it out. It would be more striking to then have the celestials come to thank humans for their plan. Even this idea is narcissist. I'm of the opinion it's not totally crazy like the current writing. It would also keeps humans reading, without losing your long time reader base. I find it troubling, humans are getting more and more powerful.

It also could be grounds for open communication tween humans and celestials based on intelligence however small on the humans part. This idea seems contradictory but it isn't.

Oh btw Beyonder, I can't wait for people to come in with differing opinions. It'll happen.
Jabosha
Settled Member
Settled Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jabosha on Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:27 am

Shoot another thing that really bothered me as a Galactus fan. In the Mad Celestial arc, Galactus slew one of the celestials. They then merged, and gravely injured Galactus.

Later on, Sue Storms force field held up against celestial attacks. Humanoid Hubris Horseshit, let's start a new saying on FBO, shall we? Let's shorten it to HHH.

Ok, the whole pis was so 616 Reeds choice to have children, ala Franklin is what wins the day. Major grade HHH.
Galactus, whom in their own handbooks is describe to be able to erect impenetrable force fields is gravely injured but Sue storms is better than any that Galactus could muster?

In my arc those celestials would have been wiped by Galactus and say Arishem and Esson of the 616 universe. All three afterwards would have taken severe damage but nothing to kill them. The reason why is, 616 celestials would know of the threat and such wouldn't be tolerated. If Galactus wasn't going to tolerate it, why would the 616 celestials?

Initially, I would have had Galactus wipe those celestials but looking back, that's me being a fan boy.

Jabosha
Settled Member
Settled Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Beyonders_Car on Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:31 am

Hmm, where would the skyfathers be in all this? Do they count as part of the cosmic or are they humanoids?
The_Beyonders_Car
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jabosha on Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:16 am

Sky fathers have already been shown the door in Thor 300. That said, in recent times Odin has successfully stalemated Galactus. Galactus has been defeated by humans. Bad writing imo.

Imo they'd be under the celestials and Galactus, proemial gods, Sise-neg, The Other and Scrier, Death, Living Tribunal, The Stranger etc.

Recently skyfathers have performed galaxy level feats. But feats don't tell the whole story.
Jabosha
Settled Member
Settled Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyonder on Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:40 am

True!
Beyonder
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top