Your Preferred Political Government?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What would be your Power if you ruled?

Monarchy
 
Capitalism
 
Socialism
 
Communism
 
Dictatorship
 
Totalitarian
 
Theocracy
 
Parliamentary
 
Republic
 
Anarchy
 
Revolutionary
 
Oligarchy
 
Plutocracy
 
Democracy
 
 
 
View results

Your Preferred Political Government?

Post by Beyonder on Thu May 04, 2017 3:25 am

What Government power do you prefer?
Which power would you likely use?
If you could run a country what government power would you pick?

Monarchy: A king or queen, who sometimes has absolute power. Power is passed along through the family

Capitalism: In a capitalist or free-market economy, people own their own businesses and property and must buy services for private use, such as healthcare.

Socialism: Socialist governments own many of the larger industries and provide education, health and welfare services while allowing citizens some economic choices

Communism: In a communist country, the government owns all businesses and farms and provides its people's healthcare, education and welfare.

Dictatorship: Rule by a single leader who has not been elected and may use force to keep control. In a military dictatorship, the army is in control. Usually, there is little or no attention to public opinion or individual rights.

Totalitarian: Rule by a single political party. People are forced to do what the government tells them and may also be prevented from leaving the country.

Theocracy: A form of government where the rulers claim to be ruling on behalf of a set of religious ideas, or as direct agents of a deity.

Parliamentary: A parliamentary system is led by representatives of the people. Each is chosen as a member of a political party and remains in power as long as his/her party does

Republic: A republic is led by representatives of the voters. Each is individually chosen for a set period of time.

Anarchy: Anarchy is a situation where there is no government.
This can happen after a civil war in a country, when a government has been destroyed and rival groups are fighting to take its place.

Revolutionary: The existing structure is overthrown by a completely new group. The new group can be very small - such as the military - or very large - as in a popular revolution. After a period of time, this 'becomes' one of the other type of government (unless there is another coup or uprising).

Oligarchy/Plutocracy: A form of government which consists of rule by an elite group who rule in their own interests, especially the accumulation of wealth and privilege. Only certain members of society have a valid voice in the government. This can reflect (but is not limited to) economic interests, a particular religious tradition (theocracy), or familial rule (monarchy).

Democracy: In a democracy, the government is elected by the people. Everyone who is eligible to vote - which is a majority of the population - has a chance to have their say over who runs the country.

Note: All post are opinionated! Do not ATTACK others on their opinion and or beliefs.
avatar
Beyonder
Founder
Founder

Age : 21
Posts : 5490
Join Date : 2014-09-19
Location : Beyond Realm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Preferred Political Government?

Post by Mister Teal on Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:48 am

avatar
Mister Teal
Settled Member
Settled Member

Posts : 289
Join Date : 2014-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Preferred Political Government?

Post by Beyonder on Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:44 pm

Nice!
avatar
Beyonder
Founder
Founder

Age : 21
Posts : 5490
Join Date : 2014-09-19
Location : Beyond Realm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Preferred Political Government?

Post by Nuclearshroom on Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:23 am

Capitalism, communism, etc. are technically economic systems and not political ones. A country that is capitalist isn't necessarily contrary to other systems (i.e. the U.S. is both a republic and capitalist). I don't know if there's an option for this, but it would make more sense if you could choose multiple ideologies.

Also, hi, I just came here.
avatar
Nuclearshroom
Noob Member
Noob Member

Posts : 2
Join Date : 2017-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Preferred Political Government?

Post by Beyonder on Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:06 pm

@Nuclearshroom wrote:Capitalism, communism, etc. are technically economic systems and not political ones. A country that is capitalist isn't necessarily contrary to other systems (i.e. the U.S. is both a republic and capitalist). I don't know if there's an option for this, but it would make more sense if you could choose multiple ideologies.

Also, hi, I just came here.
Lol! how did you find my site?
avatar
Beyonder
Founder
Founder

Age : 21
Posts : 5490
Join Date : 2014-09-19
Location : Beyond Realm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Preferred Political Government?

Post by Nuclearshroom on Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:41 pm

@Beyonder wrote:
@Nuclearshroom wrote:Capitalism, communism, etc. are technically economic systems and not political ones. A country that is capitalist isn't necessarily contrary to other systems (i.e. the U.S. is both a republic and capitalist). I don't know if there's an option for this, but it would make more sense if you could choose multiple ideologies.

Also, hi, I just came here.
Lol! how did you find my site?
There was a link to it on your profile you have for Wikia.
avatar
Nuclearshroom
Noob Member
Noob Member

Posts : 2
Join Date : 2017-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Preferred Political Government?

Post by Beyonder on Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:10 am

@Nuclearshroom wrote:
@Beyonder wrote:
@Nuclearshroom wrote:Capitalism, communism, etc. are technically economic systems and not political ones. A country that is capitalist isn't necessarily contrary to other systems (i.e. the U.S. is both a republic and capitalist). I don't know if there's an option for this, but it would make more sense if you could choose multiple ideologies.

Also, hi, I just came here.
Lol! how did you find my site?
There was a link to it on your profile you have for Wikia.
Not even gonna lie I forgot I even had that on their.
avatar
Beyonder
Founder
Founder

Age : 21
Posts : 5490
Join Date : 2014-09-19
Location : Beyond Realm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Preferred Political Government?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum